Sunday, August 5, 2007

Recipe

Last night I was going to make ground turkey stroganoff, but didn't have cream of mushroom soup. Johnna gave me a really great recipe for Hamburger Stroganoff and I was just going to substitute ground turkey for the ground beef but, not only didn't I have mushroom soup, I didn't have sour cream and a few other ingredients.

However, I did have.....
Ground Turkey
French Onion Soup
Evaporated Milk
Marjoram

Okay, so I cooked the french onion soup with 1/2 can of evaporated milk. After it started to bubble I added a tablespoon of flour to some cold water and mixed, then added to the soup mixture. I continued to heat on medium until it began to bubble and then added my cooked ground turkey and some dried marjoram. I served it over Barilla Plus spaghetti with cooked carrots on the side. Everyone, including my picky eater (aka - Hannah) went back for seconds. Sorry, didn't even think to take a picture.....

For something different: Add poppy seeds to the cooked and drained pasta. Adds a little extra 'pop'....pun intended. This tip is from Johnna's mom.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to try it.....

Johnna said...

Weren't we just talking about not jotting down our "made up" recipes. What a great idea to put it on your blog where you can always find it...guess I'll have to try it as soon as I start cooking again...sounds yummy!! So glad to be back to 8 hour days!!

Josh said...

Emily, if you read this, don't take it wrong. Thanks for posting your recipe, Robin. It's fun to try new meals. Besides, I love stroganoff and your stroganoff-spinoff sounds great.


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!