Friday, August 31, 2007

broken toe

It was a busy Wednesday. I pretty much ran from one thing to another. I did have a short reprieve with my bible study girl friends.

I came home to find Jacob sleeping on the couch and Michael under the covers in our bed. (Note: It was 7:45p) I notice there are books opened on the dining room table, meaning that Jacob is not done with his homework yet. I wake him up and he tells me that he was waiting for me to come home because he needed help with his writing assignment. Hannah, who was with me, immediately starts getting ready for bed. Her bus picks her up at 6:30a, so she starts her morning early.

Hannah goes to bed, Jacob finishes up his homework, Michael wakes up. We decide we are going to watch a movie. We don't start the movie until after 10p because Jacob takes foreeeever to get ready for bed.

Long story short (or is it too late for that?) I fall asleep during this movie. I wake up before the movie is over and decide I'm going to bed. I, half asleep, try to get up and walk to the bedroom. I successfully manage to take 2 steps, however, the 3rd step was the unfortunate advancement. My foot runs right into a stool. I scream and hobble to the bathroom. As I'm walking I yell, "I broke my toe, I broke my toe." Meanwhile, Michael watches watching the movie. (He did get me ice and pills...)

Fast forward...I did break my toe. Who would think that something so little could affect the whole body? I'm sure my back will be hurting soon, you should see how I hobble around. There's a spiritual analogy here, do you see it? Me too....plus, I feel it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

If your right toe causes you to sin, cut if off? Just trying to help with the spiritual analogy.....

CroppinRobin said...

okay, and i was thinking,
Ps. 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

gideonmommasita said...

how bout 1 cor 12:21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together."
Sharing your burden sister!

Anonymous said...

for all the times you and Jason laughed hysterically when I really really hurt myself...and you know what I mean...I am laughing laughing laughing and wish I could have been there to hear you and see you saying..I broke my toe, I broke my toe...


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!