Friday, November 30, 2007

BH&G List

I was reading my newest arrival of Better Homes & Gardens last night and thought I'd share some of things I liked on their Countdown to Christmas list.


Start A Tradition.
Traditions provide a sense of belonging, which is essential in families today....the 'sense of belonging' part. Some of their suggestions are: create a holiday dish or paint a new ornament each year. I have a friend who purchases an ornament for her children each year and when they are on their own, they will already have a collection of ornaments. I think this is a wonderful idea, but my kids are 12 and 11....it seems kind of late for that, doesn't it? I'll have to ask them if that is something they would like to do.

Wrap Happily.
Wrapping presents can be a pain the the neck, literally. BH&G suggests wrapping gifts on a countertop. What a brilliant idea! However, I don't have much counter space in my kitchen...maybe I'll wrap on my flattop stove!

Let Lips Linger.
A survey showed that couples who smooch often are 8 times less likely to feel stressed or depressed. Hang some mistletoe....I have never hung mistletoe, but think I will this year. Heck, if it will curb stress and depression and make my hubby feel loved...I'll try it.

Drink In Merriment.
No, not booze....something even better, chocolate! Dark chocolate helps reduce blood pressure. BH&G's recipe is: Heat 3/4 cup milk until just before boiling. Remove from heat, transfer to mug and add 1 ounce chopped bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate and stir. Sounds delish!

Tie One On.
Wear a pretty holiday apron while baking this season. If for no other reason, you'll look really cute while baking!

Wander, Wonder.
I love driving through neighborhoods to look at Christmas decorations. But this year, I'm going to take BH&G's idea and walk instead. I have the perfect neighborhood for walking...well, except for the crazy Chihuahua that lives down the road. He actually attacked a friend while she was walking. I'll just skip that street.

8 comments:

Sherry Hayes said...

Robin those are all great ideas. I love family traditions. I don't think your kids are too old for starting an ornament collection. I think it's a great idea and I might start it with Hunter too. My favorite family tradition I started in our family is baking and decorating a birthday cake for Jesus with the kids. One year we baked cupcakes and made treat bags and went to McDonalds and invited all kids playing on the play ground to join us. It was way cool.

gideonmommasita said...

The December issue of Woman's Day had some great recipees in it...and I think it said they're all online.

gideonmommasita said...

Josh said he's been trying to tell me about the smoochin for a while now.

CroppinRobin said...

emily, do you recognize the pooh ornament?

Melissa said...

kissing? Well, that's easy enough. Think of the alternative! :)

gideonmommasita said...

Recognise the ornament? Why yes, I did...but I had forgotten that you had one. My mom reads your blog, I keep forgetting to ask her if she has noticed.

Kayla Nicole said...

Hey Mrs. Robin, I think those are really cool ideas. Our family tradition is to make cookies and cut them into shapes and eat them. And we have Bible study Christmas Eve

Anonymous said...

[p]They are created with various Pandora beads, Pandora charms and Pandora pendants . You can buy charms or trinkets on your holidays or add charms which remind you of past experiences . Re-vamping the old style charm bracelets Thomas Sabo have created a thrilling collection of clipped charms and now boast over 500 individual designs . There are various kinds of Pandora beads (European Beads) which are produced in different materials . almost certainly essentially [url=http://www.silverjewellerysalee.co.uk]jewellery sale uk[/url] the most anticipated how the varieties Pandora Charms Cheap are developed from silver bags, creatures, pearls, Murano glass, multicolor and 4 refreshing techniques of silver Pandora charms . Instead of opting for [url=http://www.silverjewellerysalee.co.uk/pandora-silver-beads.html]Pandora Silver Beads[/url] Internet sales, I personally suggest you go to sell your jewelry and personally take care of the entire transaction

on their own . Thomas Sabo隆炉s credentials as the jewellery brand for people who love [url=http://www.silverjewellerysalee.co.uk/links-of-london-earrings.html]Links Of London Earrings[/url] action sports were underlined this week by the stunning victory for Thomas Sabo-sponsored snowboarder Amelie Kober in the World Cup Sudelfeld event in Germany . 4 mm and top out at 2 mm by 56 mm in length.[/p][p]Individuelle Kreationen [url=http://www.silverjewellerysalee.co.uk/thomas-sabo-bracelets.html]Thomas Sabo Bracelets[/url] garantieren Hingucker und erinnern Sie an Ihre sch?nsten Momente . This is abundant bigger than abrading or antibacterial them yourself [url=http://www.silverjewellerysalee.co.uk]designer jewellery sale[/url] with approved Pandora Charms Jewelry cleaners . Hard work continues to be set in to actualize genuine ornaments in argent with aberrant good quality, which after-effects in formatting it is aberrant type . Also, women of all ages for example personal preference for the treat, a tight design outside platinum eagle thomas sabo outlet anklet bracelets, allow the girl have the beautiful take pleasure in also, as well as the very good model increase gadgets, to assist eliminate a few gulls having only 1 gem . The Pandora Necklaces Sale various metals that define Pandora bracelets are the inexpensive silver model (beginning at $21 for that base band) [url=http://www.silverjewellerysalee.co.uk/links-of-london.html]Links Of London Clearance[/url] completely up towards the gold design (from around $500 with regard to solid 14K precious metal) . The use of all of these methods, you can remove the silver jewelry pendants slightly changed the surface color, make it bright as new, shiny and silvery . The worth of Koh-I-Noor is un approximated . Are you thinking of buying Pandora jewelry online? If you are, then it is important for you to be aware of sellers who are out there to mislead you into buying fake Pandora jewelry.[/p]


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!