Tuesday, September 4, 2007

DeeDee's B-Day Dinner

Today is my mother's birthday. She and PaPa came over for dinner tonight. I made Pecan Crusted Tilapia, Red Potatoes and Green Beans. Very yummy! For dessert, instead of a cake, I made Dessert Crepes, with lemon and raspberry filling. Delish!


Dessert Crepes

4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 c. milk
2 T. butter, melted
1 c. all-purpose flour
2 T. white sugar
1/2 t. salt

Whisk eggs, milk, butter, flour, sugar & salt until smooth. It may be necessary to use a sieve to remove the lumps. Heat small pan or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan. Ladle about 3 T of batter into hot pan, tilting to evenly coat. Cook 1-2 minutes each side.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Very Martha Stewart! The crepes looked so yummy. I'll bet your mom loved it. How did the Tilapia turn out?

gideonmommasita said...

What no grits?

CroppinRobin said...

I know, I'm a bad daughter. Since I don't like grits, I don't serve them. However, my mom probably would have loved them!

Anonymous said...

As the "Birthday Girl", I can tell you that it was the PERFECT DINNER. Robin is the best cook!
The crepes were DELICIOUS.
I do love grits...but the roasted potatoes and green beans were the best sides for this mouth watering pecan crusted talapia...YMMMMMMMMM


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!