Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Musings


Okay....so we recycle, no big deal, right? When we lived in an apartment we didn't recycle...it was too much trouble. I admit it, if it's too much trouble with little or no immediate reward I'm usually not ready to jump on board. Since we moved into our house and the garbage service supplied us with a recycle bin and comes once a week to collect the recycle, I was ready and willing. The only snag to becoming a green friendly adult....boxes, cans, glasses and jugs sitting on my counter. It is Jacob's job to take out the recycle and trash...but it will pile up for days before he will take it out without me reminding him of his 'daily chore'. Well, not anymore!

I must confess, I have sort of become obsessed with reading other's blogs. I found this great blog about organizing and got the bug. I already love to label, love to read organizing books and magazines, and I love to buy containers...that's about as far as my organization goes. Don't get me wrong....I LOVE THE IDEA OF ORGANIZING; it's just putting all those good ideas into action that befuddles me.

So, on my quest to 'Just Do It', I purchased a bin at Wal-Mart today for $1.54. I added a tag with a green ribbon to my bin and Voila a recycle bin to sit on my counter. Jacob will be happy also, now he has a bin to take the recycle outside in.

I must admit....I retied the ribbon about 10 times before I was happy with the way it laid. When tying a knot, remember - right over left, left over right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will see if this plan works! Robin always has the best ideas but whether the rest of us can follow through is another story. Keep up the good work Hunny! I love the way you plan! One day we will get there. I promise!

Melissa said...

I love your idea for recycling. I brought one of our bins up onto the deck so now we can just go outside and pitch it. I think your counter is broken.


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!