Thursday, June 28, 2007

Grated Butter?

Sounds really weird, doesn't it?
I've been going to Books-A-Million every morning this week while Hannah and Jacob have been at VBS in an attempt to save gas. I brought my work with me and have actually gotten a lot done. Today, my eyes were starting to cross....either because what I was reading was technical or because I was up late blogging the night before. I decided to take a break from reading for work and picked up a few magazines to read for pleasure. I grabbed ones about gardening, crocheting, digital scrapbooking, decorating and a Martha 'Good Things' (I think).

Okay...back to grated butter.

Ever want to bake something, but need butter at room temperature? Well, all you have to do is grate the butter into a bowl and in no time you have butter at room temperature.

Of course, I had to come home and try it.....so, I made a healthy version of banana bread. I've always used my mother-in-law's recipe...but decided in my attempt to actually lose weight, I'd try something different.

I went to a party a few weeks ago and someone brought brownies. At first bite, I knew they were 'healthy' brownies, but they didn't taste like they had prune puree or applesauce in them. I found out that she used Hodgson Mill Insta-Bake mix. I went out and purchased the mix and made brownies....they were okay....I followed the recipe on the box, she didn't.

Today I used the mix to make banana bread....and it turned out good. Although, Jacob just came in from playing outside and smelled the bread and was excited until he tasted it. It was definitely not as moist as Elaine's banana bread. I'm normally not a fan of 'dry stuff' but enjoyed my slice of banana bread.....yep, only had 1 slice!

Here's the recipe I used....next time I'm going to use more milk and another egg.

Whole Wheat Banana Bread
2 1/2 c. Insta-Bake Mix
3 ripe bananas, smashed
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. butter, room temp.
2/3 c. raw sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten

Sift mix.
Combine bananas & milk.
Cream sugar and butter until light & fluffy; add egg and mix until smooth.
Add Insta-Bake mix; stir. Do not beat.
Bake in greased loaf pan at 350ยบ for 50 min.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

love it! I will be trying it tonight for sure! we are awesome bloggers! Neglecting every other area of life, but truly excellent at blogging!!! Did you see Jena's blog yet? It's really cute and very humorous!

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you send me the pic of the three fat bloggers. I want it for my blog......

gideonmommasita said...

Did you take those pictures of the butter, bread and bake mix? You are a fantastic photographer. Thanks for posting the recipe. I will have to try it when I get back from my visit with the in-laws.

CroppinRobin said...

Yep...I took the photos of all but the mix...I copied and pasted that from the web!

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I now became a part of this community here and I would love to be a part of it. Just like the environment here. Good work by the admin and each member here. I like the quality of messages posted by everyone and hope I can do that for you all too. Just to start off, I came across a cool website called [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home based business reiews[/url] that reviews several cool home based business opportunity. Anyway website owner make's more than 500$+/day. He discovered some very cool home based business reviews. Because I found that these home business Opportunities worked for me I decided to post it here so you also can earn some extra bucks in your free time. Owner of this website also found really simple opportunity make some extra money just taking [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Surveys-For-Money.html]surveys for money[/url]. Anyway if you need to make some extra cash feel free to check out this site. Hope you guys enjoy it. Anyway, look forward to great conversation and hanging out here often. www.home-businessreviews.com

Anonymous said...

Great post as for me. It would be great to read something more about this matter. Thanx for posting that material.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!