Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cupcakes

Do you love cupcakes? I do....here's why:

1. They are the perfect size piece of cake.
2. No plate or fork needed.
3. Easily decorated.
4. Quick and easy to make/bake.
5. Easy cleanup.



Today was a co-worker's birthday. While in a waiting room yesterday, I was flipping through a magazine and came across an article about cupcakes. I know they are the craze now....as far as decorating them. So, I convinced my family to stop at the mall, after a scout meeting, to pick up some jelly bellies. I found a short video on Martha's website. Cute, aren't they? Next, I'm going to try sunflower cupcakes.

Warning: this is an expensive decoration....jelly bellies aren't cheap.

4 comments:

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Who cares how much they cost when they are that cute?
I wasn't in the mood for jelly beans tonight so when I picked up the kids...I confess...I ate the last PLAIN ONE!
As Martha would say, "That's a good thing!"

gideonmommasita said...

You must be right about c-cakes being a trend...I have seen a lot of c-cake stands around lately. Your cute little cupcakes don't need a stand...just lots of corn cob plates! What flavor jellybellies?

Melissa said...

Spare no expense! Those are adorable!!! You never cease to amaze me.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I started thinking about cupcakes. I like them because:

1. Portion control...you can eat one, you've had cake and it's a proper portion.
2. Paper Cupcake liners - easy cleanup

What I don't like is:

1. Spooning the batter into the cup
2. spillage cleanup
3. Storing them


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!