Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas and Shrimp Ceviche

I haven't blogged, not for lack of adventures - just lack of inspiration to type.

We celebrated Christmas Eve here in Tallahassee with DeeDee and PaPa. Christmas morning we drove down to Michael's dad's and spent the long weekend there. Melissa and I met in Orlando to do some shopping the Saturday after Christmas - we spent almost 3 hours in IKEA and spent $20 between the two of us.

New Year's Eve the kids spent the night at my parents - which is a tradition. Michael and I went out for dinner and did some shopping. The Botley's came for a visit. I wanted to get a photo of us together, like last year, but we never got around to it.

On Christmas Eve I made appetizers again this year. I made Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail, which was my favorite appy this year.

1 lb. shelled, deveined, large cooked shrimp
1/2 medium seedless cucumber, diced
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 c. green pepper, chopped
1/4 c. red onion, diced
1/4 c. snipped fresh cilantro
1/4 c. lime juice
1/2 t. salt
Combine, cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour before serving. For best texture, do not prepare this recipe more than 1 hour in advance. Once combined with the acidic lime juice, the shrimp will begin to firm up and eventually become tough and rubbery.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That dip looks yummy. I think I'm gonna make tacos tonight. I've been inspired by our mexican fiesta from last Thursday.

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM... ARE YOU GONNA MAKE THIS DIP FOR YOUR HUBBY'S B-DAY? PLEASE TELL HIM THAT THE SCHUMACHER 3 SAYS-"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"! THANKS FOR THE FAM PHOTO TOO----WOW--THEY'RE GETTING TALLER THEN THEIR 'RENTS

Laura said...

I think we were in the same place for Christmas. We went down on Christmas Eve and stayed until Monday. I entertained thoughts of how it might be nice to live there again, but then I realized it never gets very cold and I like that we get some cold up here....

Anonymous said...

ROBINNNNNNNNNNNNN----HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE! HOPE YOU DO SOMETHING EXTRA SPECIAL ON YOUR DAY! WE LOVE YOU-THE SCHUMACHER 3


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!