Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A story for Mom

My mom left a comment on my previous post saying that she misses my blogging stories.

Well, not that I mean to keep blogging about rainy days.....

Tonight, as I was on my way home from work it was raining. I was on my cell phone, just about to leave a message on my friend's voicemail. As her outgoing message was playing my driver's side windshield wiper blade flew off! Since I'm a multi-tasker...I was able to turn off my wiper blades, leave a message and keep straight in my lane...all while laughing hysterically!

I called Michael and he asked me if I went back for the blade. Are you kidding me? I was in work clothes, it was raining AND I had to go to the bathroom. Not to mention the fact that it flew off on a busy road. Can you even imagine?

I was going to stop at Publix to pick up lunch snacks and cereal and almost scraped the idea and head home. However, the last time I purchased washer fluid I splurged and got the RainX fluid. All the water beaded off my windshield, so I stuck it out and stopped at the grocery.

On a side note...have you been watching Dancing with the Stars? My favorites are Warren Sapp and Brooke Burke. Who is your favorite?

6 comments:

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Was it the driver side wiper? Oh my gosh. I have never heard of that happening. I needed a good laugh, and I am happy that you are OK and that I can laugh. I know - can you believe the rain tonight? I took my shoes off and waded to my car.
I can't believe Michael asked if you went back to get it....Hello....were you on I-10? I can just see you now...running around in the rain...on the phone...looking for a wiper blade. LOL.
Glad you're OK...thank goodness for RainX and a multitasker.
Also glad to have you blogging again.

MOM

PS My favorites are same...I just love Warren Sapp

Anonymous said...

GO WARREN-GO WARREN--GO-GO-GO WARREN!!!!!!! HE MAKES ME SMILE! HEY-WHAT DID THE 'HASSEE CREW THINK OF THE EXTREME MAKEOVER SHOW? CHANNEL 9 HAD AN HOUR SPECIAL BEFORE THE 8 PM SHOW & I SWEAR I SAW SARA IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ALL THE SPONSORS-THEY WERE PASSING OUT GOLD STAR CHILI! I HEAR GOOFY COMMENTS ABOUT "WHY SPEND SO MUCH MONEY FOR ONE FAMILY"?------I'M JUST SO HAPPY THAT THEY HELP OUR SPECIAL BABIES---EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET INVOLVED IN HELPING THEIR COMMUNITY--QUIT WHINING & DO SOMETHING!---THANKS TO THE CARING PEOPLE OUT THERE!

Anonymous said...

HEY ROBIN-DO YOU HAVE A BIG LIFE INSURANCE POLICY ?-------TELL MICHAEL TO GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC! JEEEEEZZZZZZZZ
WIND
SHIELD WIPER BLADE- $14
ROAD KILL - FREE
YOUR LIFE - PRICELESS!

gideonmommasita said...

Thank You! I love you're everyday stories! Makes me want to blog about my McDonalds's visit today.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I was on TV???? Did I have a big CONEY in my mouth?
I Can't believe I was on TV.
We watched it, but we didn't get the 1 hour special prior to the show.
Did you TAPE IT?

Anonymous said...

I think you have a great page here… today was my first time coming here.. I just happened to find it doing a google search. anyway, good post.. I’ll be bookmarking this page for sure.


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!