Tuesday, September 9, 2008

32303

Have you seen that 90210 has been revived? I still remember sitting in Home Ec, in 9th grade, and EVERYONE was talking about the show they watched last night. I had not seen it; I wasn't allowed to watch television during school nights. Lucky for me, 90210 came on a night that my parents had bible study, at someone else's house. I would 'sneak' and watch it while they were out. I had a little black and white tv in my room, one with rabbit ears and no remote. WOW, that sounds ancient, doesn't it?

The show had no redeeming qualities, yet I loved it and looked forward to it. Eventually, I appealed to my mom - promising I would only watch that one show and assured her I would have my homework done before watching the show. It worked, she agreed. Actually, she knew I was watching it while they were out.
I must say, Boca Raton was a little like 90210. Classmates drove BMW's and Mustangs to school. The obsession with money, fashion, dating, sports was extremely prevalent, but maybe that was the same for lots of other high schools. Fortunately, I stayed out of that crowd. Thankfully I had friends like Melissa (I'd link her blog....but unfortunately, she has quick her blogging addition ºÜº) and Kristie. We enjoyed things that were considered 'right' but still fun.

Since Hannah and Jacob are both in middle school, I am reminded of my years in grades 6-8. Time has flown by and I expect it to continue. Before I know it, Hannah will be a 9th grader. I cannot imagine her watching a show like 90210 now. As much as parents complain about Disney shows...like Hannah Montana and the like, I think I'll take that over Beverly Hills anyday. Hopefully, 32303 is nothing like 90210.

4 comments:

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I use to watch the old one, but haven't caught the new one yet. I don't watch much TV these day. With homeschooling and a 2 year old I'm staying pretty busy. Much Love!

gideonmommasita said...

Thanks for not giving up your blog, I really enjoy your trips down memory lane in light of current events. The pictures of the kids are great too.

CroppinRobin said...

nope, not giving it up. i enjoy reading others too much to give it up.

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Did I really know that you were watching 90210 while we were at Bible Study? I do remember you pleading your case and realized that you "really really" wanted to watch it. Did you watch the new show?
45215 was like 90210 and 33432...funny. I am glad that you chose to be an independent thinker...especially since I could not afford a BMW for myself and forget about one for you. Ha.
32303 is the best zipcode for my grandkids. I am so thankful you and Michael settled here. Great place to raise your kids. Loved the photos, too.


2008 is going to be great....
It's the year I'm going to lose weight!